There are many options when it comes to a purchase decision for your roof. If you are in the market and looking for an array of roofing choices that will be a good investment for your money, it is only right to look at environmentally roofing selections. Not only it will save you money in the long run, you can also be a responsible human being – helping out the world in saving our only planet. There are several environmentally friendly roofing choices and the Thorough Roofing guys discusses some of them to guide you on your buying decisions.
- Recycled Shingles – this roofing option is a green approach that is made of recycled waste such as wood fiber, plastic or rubber. These materials are accumulated from post-industrial and home waste. It is safe for your family and the environment. With this roofing option, you can help by reducing industrial waste and at the same time secures your home from an unwanted fire disaster. With the feature of being a fire retardant, it can decrease the value of your home insurance. Aside from being eco-friendly, these roof are also aesthetically appealing. It also increases the life span of your roof while looking impeccable.
- White Roof – it is also known as Cool Roof, White roofs are basically made up of lighter colored roof waste that are recycled. Lighter colored roofing options can easily reflect natural light or sunlight into your home that will decrease heat inside the house at par with saving energy and saving money for your monthly electrical bills. It is one of the best roofing solutions that lasts longer than asphalt roofs while looking sleek and elegant.
- Wood Shingles and Shakes – if you are into the classic look for your house, this roof option should be on top of your list. They are made up of reclaimed wood and shakes that can help reduce waste on landfills. On the other hand, wood shingles are flammable and a bit costly. It can also last up to 15 to 25 years. Beauty comes with a price.
- Clay or Slate Tile Roof– this type of roof came directly from mother nature. It is one of the most popular roofing solutions that is used by many for the past years. It has a cooling element that can potentially reduce heat inside the house and potentially decrease your monthly electrical bill. This type of roofing solution can last up to 100 years!
- Green Roof– this option is the most environmentally friendly that has a lot of benefit for you and the environment. It will be a bit more expensive to install but it has long term benefits in your household and in your pocket. It is an only option that gives you a more functional roofing space where in you have the freedom of growing plants on your roof at the same time purify the air in your surroundings.
There are many environmentally friendly roofing options out in the market. Before making a decision, it is important to consult your roofing contractor to know what is the best option for you and what best fits to the structure and foundation of your house.